We’ve been offering a vast range of paving services throughout South & West Yorkshire for a number of years now. Within this time, we have firmly established ourselves as the leading providers of driveways and paving Yorkshire has to offer.
Choosing the right material for your driveway is an important decision. An immaculate driveway can make your home stand out, as well as add value if you plan on selling in the future. For a natural look, resin bound driveways are a good choice. The material uses a mixture of resin and organic aggregate to create a stony surface. A resin bound driveway combines style with strength, which is why we’re listing five advantages.
Installing pattern imprinted concrete has many benefits. This technique is growing in popularity with homeowners and businesses, who want a decorative and professional finish to their exterior floor surface but do not want common problems such as weed growth, staining and sinking.
- One of the key benefits is the diversity of the patterns and options that are available. The finishes on offer can range from a simple gravel or slate effect, to intricate circular designs which use different colours and effects. Of course it goes without saying that the more complicated the design, the higher the cost will be for the installation, but some level of customisation will be available even with the most basic of designs. When choosing a contractor to carry out the work, remember that this is a specialist operation, and cannot be undertaken by contractors with little or no experience.
- Another key benefit is that pattern imprinted concrete is more or less impermeable. The two most frustrating factors of a traditional paved drive are the weeds that grow through the joints and the water that washes away the bedding material and creates wonky or rocking slabs. With a solid surface these two problems simply vanish making maintenance of the pattern imprinted concrete incredibly simple.
- The surface can be strengthened to have a high weight tolerance.
- The concrete surface area eliminates the possibility of weed growth meaning less maintenance and an overall longer lifespan.
- Dirt, oil and stains can be easily washed away on your driveway, without special equipment or chemicals.
There are many benefits to be gained by using pattern imprinted concrete. This technique is becoming more and more popular with people who want a decorative and professional finish to their external hard standings such as drive ways or garden patios, but who do not want the problems that are usually associated with these such as weeds, movement, stains and cracks or chips. Both in the commercial and private sector demand is increasing and it’s easy to see why; rather than individual elements, a monolithic concrete slab is laid.